Scope: This policy applies to all Commission departments except the Criminal Injuries Compensation Fund (CICF) and CICF files.
General: All Commission offices shall provide copies of files located at such office to the parties or their counsel upon request and in accordance with this policy. This policy is applicable for general copying requests, including VWC file and other non-FOIA requests. The Commission will make copies of any case file documents that a party or its counsel, upon their physical review of the file, may earmark for copying. Commission staff will not search through a case file to satisfy requests for copies of particular documents contained in the file. Most active files may be reviewed through internet access to our public website. Remote file review should be promoted as the best way for one to view and copy a file. Kiosks are also available at all VWC offices for file review. Paper files and documents may be reviewed at the Commission office where the documents are stored under such terms and conditions as that office may reasonably apply to ensure the security of the file or documents.
Before processing a request for records, the Commission shall require the requester to pay any amounts owed to the Commission for previous requests for records that have remained unpaid for 30 days or more after billing.
The Compliance Officer will provide clarification on copy requests if the employee is uncertain that the request is subject to FOIA.
Timeframe: Requests for copies of documents and files shall be filled as timely as possible by the Commission office handling the request, but in all cases within five business days of that office’s receipt of the request. Legacy and other files and documents that have been archived may take up to an additional seven days for processing.
- No charge for the first ten (10) pages.
- $.25 per page for all documents copied for eleven (11) or more pages. This fee must include the first ten pages printed. For example, copying fifteen pages will incur a charge of $3.75.
- Certified copies shall incur an additional $2.00 processing fee.
- Imaged files may be copied to a CD for a flat fee of $25.00.
- Paper files may be imaged and copied to a CD for $1.00 per page.
- A request for information for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment shall include a $25.00 search fee.
Invoicing: Invoices will be processed by the office copying the documents. Two paper invoices will be sent to the person requesting copies, with one to be returned to the Financial Services Department with their payment. A third electronic copy of the invoice should be sent to the Financial Services Department by email for collection.