The Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission (VWC) has released its 2016 Annual Report. The report provides a summary of key initiatives, trends, and outcomes for the Commonwealth’s workers’ compensation system, under the auspices of VWC. The interactive annual report can be viewed or downloaded by clicking here.
Key highlights noted in the 2016 Annual Report include:
- Established a timeline to develop draft medical fee schedules;
- Launched insurance compliance checks on businesses across the state;
- Designated each regional office as a courthouse to ensure highest level of law enforcement response;
- Full compliance with state security requirements for automated systems;
- Implemented an EDI Quality Assurance fine penalty structure; and
- Launched engaging marketing campaigns to reach injured workers, victims of crimes, employers, and related industries.
The report also features the financial results of the agency and the Virginia Victims Fund (officially the Criminal Injuries Compensation Fund) for Fiscal Year 2016, as well as a look ahead to its 2017 initiatives.