Finance Department Overview
The Commission's Finance Department is responsible for handling all financial transactions flowing through the Commission. The Department also handles the Commission's annual budget and revenue collections.
The Commission is financed primarily from assessments on workers' compensation premiums collected by insurance companies and on a calculated premium for self-insured employers based upon payroll.
Assessment rates for 2013 were 2.25% for the Administrative Fund and 0.35% for the Uninsured Employer's Fund for a total assessment rate of 2.60%
Assessment rates for 2014 are 2.50% for the Administrative Fund and 0.20% for the Uninsured Employer's Fund for a total assessment rate of 2.70%.
FinanceDocuments & Forms
- Employer Workplace Poster
- Employer Workplace Notice - Risk to Coal Miners
- Employer Workplace Notice - Spanish
- Injured Worker's Guide
- Injured Worker's Guide - Spanish
- Marketing Guidelines - Proving a Job Search
- Across State Lines Insurance Coverage
- Report An Employer Suspected of Operation without Worker's Compensation
- WebFile Guide for Claimants
- WebFile Guide for Claim Administrators
- WebFile Guide for PEO
- WebFile Guide for GSIA's
- Workers' Compensation Information Sheet for Employers
- VWC Glossary of Terms