Welcome to the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission
*** Special Notice - 12/17/2013 ***
The VWC website will be unavailable on Tuesday, 12/17/2013, beginning at 5:30 p.m. Service is expected to be restored by 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 12/17/2013.
*** Special Notice ***
Order Concerning Medical Records and Designations:
Click here to review the Order of the Commission Clarifying Commission Rules 2.2(B)(3) and 4.2. This Order concerns the filing of medical records and the requirements for medical records designations and is effective July 1, 2013.
The Commission is charged with administering Virginia's workers' compensation program, which applies to most employers doing business in Virginia and most employees working in Virginia.
We hope you find the information contained in this site helpful and informative. The Commission offers several online services, and we encourage you to take advantage of the benefits these services provide.
The mission of the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission is to strive for excellence by being an effective leader in providing public services by ethically administering our statutory duties and being responsive to the diverse needs of our customers.
VWC OnlineUseful Links
- Claim for Benefits / Claim for Benefits - FAQ
- WebFile home
- Virginia Workers' Compensation Act
- For Injured Workers
- For Employers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Search VWC Judicial Opinions
- News and Press
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Fund site
- Birth Related Injury Fund site
- VWC Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Mediation / Mediation Request Form
- Claims and Hearings Flow Chart
VWC OnlineDocuments & Forms
- Injured Worker's Guide
- Injured Worker's Guide - Spanish
- Employer's Guide
- Employer Workplace Poster
- Employer Workplace Notice - Risk to Coal Miners
- Employer Workplace Notice - Spanish
- WebFile Guide for Claimants
- WebFile Guide for Claim Administrators
- WebFile Guide for PEO
- Saslaw Report (New)
- Workers' Compensation Information Sheet